funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:26:14 -0500 (CDT)

Date sent:            Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:00:29 +1100
From:                 Donal <irldexter () gmail com>

Social networking is web or end system Multicast only with arbitrary
and sticky groups/topics.

Exactly.  And it isn't new.  It's been around since mailing lists and Usenet.

The thing is, that every Twittler or LinkeDin, or FaceOffBook doesn't really help
with communication, it fragments it.  Now there is a new site to register with, and
a new technology to learn, and, in the meantime, our field, and the exploits and
vulnerabilities we need to keep up with, are racing by faster than we can cope with

Yeah, progress is a pain. :)

Rob (who has two blogs, a LinkeDin account, a FaceBook account, and probably
should get onto Twitter, but really resents having to waste all that time) Slade

Want me to open an account for you?