funsec mailing list archives

Re: Boy, 10, gets locked in gun safe at Sam's Club

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:07:09 -0500

Sam's Club doesn't make the gun safe, so that wouldn't be their
problem. Second, you generally do not lock the gun safes that are on
show - seeing what is inside is kind of important to the buyer. Third,
the "problem" wasn't that the kid could get into the safe (I've seen
safes with the default security code on a tag outside the safe), the
"problem" was that he couldn't get out. Well, no, actually that wasn't
the problem. The PROBLEM was that the mother doesn't care enough about
her son - or isn't responsible enough - to keep an eye on him.

I didn't know there was an override code though...THAT troubles me
more than anything.