funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:25:48 -0500

On 8/29/07, David Harley <david.a.harley () gmail com> wrote:
Oh, wait, even in the OLD wild west these things were rare so
now that we're more "civilized" I shouldn't expect to see
such spectacles...too bad, always enjoy them in the movies.
That's not where you got your ideas of the "Wild West" is it, movies?

No, it isn't. And your attacking me personally by presuming so doesn't make
your position any less laughable.

Clearly, this is a religious argument, not a discussion. I'm out of here.

Getting out is generally easier than explaining your position - but
I'm not accusing you of that. If you sincerely believe I was attacking
you personally, I apologize, I wasn't. Further, my comments could not
possibly be taken as anything more offensive than your own
characterization of my argument (the post I was responding to).

So, you can cut and run or you can explain what the wild west is... to
someone living there. And by doing so propel your original comments to
a level higher than a personal attack.

--
Thank You,
Brian Loe