funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:26:54 -0500

On 8/29/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:55:44 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Okay, so, do I really need to explain to you what is meant by the
"Wild West"? Do I then have to explain that I'm mocking the argument -

Sometimes you're so subtle with your mocking that it's hard for the rest of
us to make the mental leap and distinguish it from something you truly believe.

Don't you have to ask permission to place yourself among the "us" of
the list? The one guy IN the exchange decided not to respond - you're
the only one that has and you responded without even understanding
what it was about (but at least you haven't yet claimed I was
responding to something you wrote this time)

But, okay, if you must know, I DO believe I am living in the wild
west. At 5 I'm going to shut down my portable adding machine and hop
on my horse. I'll ride fast and hard to make the 50 miles in just one
night, so that I might be back here, with my portable adding machine,
about the time to leave again. Well, that's the plan anyway...