funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHAT TIMING!!

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:22:52 -0400

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:22:03 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Where does this idea of yours come from? If religious - I"m unaware of
a single religion which forbids killing. If its not, well then, its an
atheist free-for-all - or it comes down to property rights.

No, what most of them do is say "Thou shalt not murder", and then create a\
long laundry list of Killing Things That Are Not Murder.

Jain and some Buddhist sects take it seriously enough to require their
adherents to be vegetarian.

And this Jesus dude was rambling on a hillside in Matthew 5:

38: Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the
other also.

But no, other than that, I think you're right.  No religions forbid killing...