funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:13:33 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 8/29/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Huh. So there's no other way that this could be financed.

Taxes. Americans, in general, do not appreciate new taxes. The funds
raised through guns and hunting are in the trillions.

Well, if I were American (which thank the lord I'm not) I'd be willing to
fork out a bit in tax for the maintenance of parks and suchlike, and if
you told me that as a bonus, Everyone named Brian wouldn't be allowed to
own a gun, that would be icing on the cake.

This sounds *so* like the arguments used by foxhunters to defend their
fun of chasing a small brown fox using a huge pack of dogs and cavalry.

Maybe there was some truth to their arguments - and you were too
blinded by your emotional reaction to the cute little fox being killed
to see it?

Whatever, who cares. The population of fox in the UK is nowhere near
the population of them in just Missouri. And our deer population is
much higher than our fox population - and a much larger problem. When
was the last time you saw a herd of wild...well, anything, in the UK?
I often see a heard of deer on my way into work - large herds too,
depending on the season.