funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:18:43 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Daniel H. Renner wrote:

Wow! It appears I've missed one of those prized FunSec debates in my
sleep.

For all those that push the "need" to ban guns, because they are so-o
dangerous I give you this challenge:
Put an (eek) LOADED gun on the table - and wait for it to do some
damage.  You know, kill someone, rob a poor citizen, etc....

OK, I've done that. No-one got killed. Then I banned guns in the UK, and
our murder rate was suddenly one twentyth of the USA.

And I have a theory about how this works. My theory goes like this - when
you have a lot less guns in the population, you get a lot less people
being killed by guns.

Let me know what you think of that theory.

Anyway - I'm all in favour of having lots of guns in America. That's
because I never go there.

Let me know how long it takes will ya?

(Banning guns is like typical Western medicine - heal the effect, not
the cause.)

Healing the effect sounds good to me. When I fell into a bed of nettles
and ow ow ow, the cream I put on my arm worked so much better than cutting
down all the nettles.