funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: rms () computerbytesman com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:28:22 -0400 (EDT)

So Brian, just how many more guns is going to take in private hands to
bring the U.S. crime rate to the U.K. crime rate?

http://tinyurl.com/2bcjek

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens,
making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released
on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms,
according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate
Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each
year are purchased in the United States, it said.