funsec mailing list archives

Re: BEER THREAD!! been a year? [was: Re: Blatant plug for talent: We're hiring]

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:12:49 -0500

 Knob Creek? I've HAD that and yes indeedy, it's delish! As for the economy, well ... comeuppance for the natterings of
the Rush unit are only four days away. Glad to hear all's well for you - obviously an employee-type individual and not
a "bring in the money" type (no offense) ... with GM, Ford and Chrysler ALSO in the toilet, you might not have noticed
that "Uh-merica" is in the toilet because nobody ELSE on the planet wants our mud until WE undergo "regime change"
here, and in four days, we SHALL. Still, left with an "Idiot-in-Cheap" we're only half-way there - the rest of the
world MIGHT be interested in "buying our mud" when the lame duck quacks.

 We've always depended for OUR living here on OTHER nations which are neither "red nor blue" for OUR living, places
where folks were willing to PAY for software because if someone did a good job, they deserved their wages. The American
"if it ain't free, I'll STEAL it" mentality ain't exactly paying the bills for a LOT of companies whose people WORK for
a living. Now you're RIGHT in that the speculators and three-card monty players are making a killing, but outside of
"shuffling other people's money around" industries, we *ARE* in the toilet.

 I'd LOVE to give all the work I do every day for better than 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week without a vacation since
2001 for free, but alas, I'm sadly lacking in "free food, free car, free rent" because THEY "should be free" also.
Kinda disappointing to see speculators financing the throwing of all sorts of FREE stuff over the fence on other
people's money but in the end, there's bills to be paid and the current "regime" is only driving away business as far
as I'm concerned.

 But PLEASE rename your reply to this to another thread name (since I *know* you'll rebut ... Godhead Rush COMMANDS you
to - heh) so as to not spoil the brew. I'm LOVING this thread and don't wanna ruin it with politics other than
explaining to you what everybody ELSE already knows. I understand, I used to have an AM radio too until I smashed it
one night of excessive silliness emanating forth from it.  :)

 But since I just *know* that bile will summon forth from what I said, PLEASE rename the "subject" so as to not flatten
the beer.