funsec mailing list archives

Re: University of South Carolina e-Mail CompromisesStudentIDs

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:14:07 -0400

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:06:28 BST, Drsolly said:
I've heard American's say this before, and I've never understood why it is
that Americans think we have bad teeth, fogs in London and a lot of rain.

Sitting in an english garden waiting for the sun.
If the sun don't come, you get a tan
From standing in the english rain.
I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob

                -- Some brit named J. Lennon.

Although it's the Scottish moors that are more famous for lots of rain/drizzle
(and quite deservedly so - 300+ days a year with precipitation according to
http://www.ace.mmu.ac.uk/eae/Climate/Younger/British_Climate.html)

And London *did* have nasty air-clarity problems when most buildings were
burning high-sulfur coal for heat.  Though it was more a very damp smog
than a true fog....