funsec mailing list archives

Re: If I were King - was: University of South Carolina e-MailCompromisesStudentIDs

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:18:14 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 4/21/06, Brian Azzopardi <brian () gfi com> wrote:
LOL - yeah, right after you stop the civil war between the Shiites and
the Sunnis.

What civil war?

As for the three major groups of people in Iraq, its a pretty easy
solution in my plan - you give them each their own state (or county or
whatever subdvision of geography you choose). They get some local
control of their area and they'll be happy as hell - like if they had
their very own country.

We tried that, with India. You wind up with India and Pakistan permanently at
each other's throats.

We tried it in Ireland, dividing the island into Eire and Northern
Ireland. You wind up with a region that contains some of each kind, and
they're at each other's throats.

Maybe if it was tried in Iraq, it would work? But can we impose that in
Iraq now? Wouldn't the initiative for this have to come from the Iraqis,
who are showing no sign of wanting that.

On the other hand, it worked in North America, divided into USA for the
rebels and Canada for the loyalists. So maybe it would work in Iraq.