funsec mailing list archives

Re: How's this for fun?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:08:15 -0400

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:37:33 EDT, "Discini, Sonny" said:

they're clicking, ISPs find themselves in a tough spot. Do they allow
the pipe to stay wide open only to increase their support calls by 80%
(and hemorrhage cash from their bottom line) when their customers get
infected with [insert any one of millions of horrible things] or do they
attempt to cut out the support costs by taking away certain
functionality?

If we just removed the dancing hamster functionality, things would be a
lot easier to manage.  It's all the hamster's fault - they keep grabbing
shiny objects and hiding them in the cabling where they block the bandwidth.
And it isn't like they provide any actual yseful function.

We need dancing hamster traps.  *Lots* of them. Zillions even.