funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:27:49 +0200

Nick FitzGerald wrote:
Gadi Evron wrote:

He needs to open up to thousands of researchers, how does he do that?

Well, actually, I believe the actual scale is partly in question here.

But anyway, let's allow your contention to stand:

   He needs to open up to thousands of researchers ...

How does he do that?

Well, obviously he first has to work out if someone wanting access is a "researcher". It doesn't even take an advanced high-school education to work that out, and equally, those same folk can see that he is not even taking that simple precaution, nor is he at all apparently interested in making that effort. Thus his site remains, as he apparently intends, an open VX.

The more this site is discussed the more it seems that Val really is "just a VX'er", as the many and obvious complaints against what he is doing fall on deaf ears despite his claims to be concerned about what folk think about his site and the project it claims to support.

The longer he continues this farce, the less and less credibility his claims, and his project, have...

OK. He's a dribbling idiot and an asshole (my words, not yours). Wonderful.

Let's solve one issue a time though...

How do you scale the current system or create a new one that fits your standards?

Your standards (which I follow as well) are commendable, but out-dated.

Shall we die together with the Plishtim? The situation is that bad and I'd rather see a better future than go Scorched Earth (sorry for the bible injection for those it was not mandatory for in school)

        Gadi.