Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: <Cisco Message> Mike Lynn's controversial Cisco Security Presentation

From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:36:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

Unfortunately, there has been a temporal discontinuity between the departure
of the quadrupeds and the closing of the barn doors.

Well put :-)

There's only two ways to *effectively* deal with this one:

a) Commence massive neural wipes of anybody who *might* have seen it.

b) Obtain *and* *enforce* a permanent injunction banning anybody who's already
seen it from meeting anybody who hasn't seen it in any establishment that
serves Guiness.

Oh yeah, and by the way - they're going to have to make a copy of that
supposed "order" available to me in a form I can see it.  Telling me I
have to go to a website and see isn't going to help.  Is Cisco up to
sending a copy to every person on the planet?

To assert that these documents are not now TOTALLY within the public view
is absurd.

deCSS, anybody? ;)

Precisely.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin () mfn org
0xBD4A95BF

I like the idea of belief in drug-prohibition as a religion in that it is
a strongly held belief based on grossly insufficient evidence and
bolstered by faith born of intuitions flowing from the very beliefs they
are intended to support.

don zweig, M.D.