Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The 'good worm' from HP

From: Jesse Valentin <jessevalentin () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thats pretty funny.. didnt someone else release a worm like that some time ago? The worm previoulsy released downloaded
a patch from Microsoft to vulnerable machines, but I think these types of things create their own little DoS attacks
when they get transmitted to offices with a less than desired Internet Connection. I dont think they're going to equip
this thing with any type of intelligence to monitor Internet connection speeds or network bandwidth.. in view of this,
I think this would just get classified into another threat.

KF_lists <kf_lists () secnetops com> wrote:This is cute...
http://p2pnet.net/story/2182

-KF