Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The 'good worm' from HP

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:57:01 -0400

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:55:51 +0200, Maarten said:

Stuff like counter-attacking has been discussed often, whether in large open
forums such as FD or in more private circles.  Mostly, people were too
concerned to open themselves up for huge lawsuits and or for prosecution
even, but now that an important influential company like HP is suggesting
(building) it, this may well signifiy an important shift in the fight against
malware.  I, for one, welcome the initiative...

Hmm.. a Magic Worm that goes around and fixes everything and makes it all
better... just what we need.  It's also the perfect cover to get Magic Lantern
onto 90% of the boxes out there.

Remember - it's not tin-foil paranoia when They have already come out
and *said* They want to do it... ;)