Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The 'good worm' from HP

From: michael williamson <michael () puffin tamucc edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:42:27 -0500

Except that the scenario you describe isn't near complete.  What will happen
is either it will get attacked by a benign worm (possibly breaking something)
or a malicious worm (definitely breaking something) only a short while later.
Which would you prefer then ?

I'd prefer to not have to deal with systems built on house cards, but
sometimes that's just not avoidable nor realistic.   I can't deal with
too much downtime either.

I think it is _your_ responsibility to shield your box from the internet

the box _is_ fairly well shielded.

if it is that fickle and that important to you.

I'm really wanting phase this P.O.S. out, but I will mention this sort
of crap is not that uncommon of "turnkey solutions" in the windows
world.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html