Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The 'good worm' from HP

From: Maarten <fulldisc () ultratux org>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:37:11 +0200

On Friday 20 August 2004 21:57, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:55:51 +0200, Maarten said:
Stuff like counter-attacking has been discussed often, whether in large
open forums such as FD or in more private circles.  Mostly, people were
too concerned to open themselves up for huge lawsuits and or for
prosecution even, but now that an important influential company like HP
is suggesting (building) it, this may well signifiy an important shift in
the fight against malware.  I, for one, welcome the initiative...

Hmm.. a Magic Worm that goes around and fixes everything and makes it all
better... just what we need.  It's also the perfect cover to get Magic
Lantern onto 90% of the boxes out there.

Remember - it's not tin-foil paranoia when They have already come out
and *said* They want to do it... ;)

True.  But then again, those who want to infect us with magic lantern type
thingies don't neccessarily need a 'benign' worm to infect us.  In fact, if
they really wanted, they'd probably already infected us through other means.
(And note that I'm not saying they didn't...)

Maarten

--
Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html