Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: a PGP signed mail? Has to be spam!

From: Ciro <domino () asgardnet org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:40:23 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Peter Moody wrote:

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:41:00 -0800
From: Peter Moody <peter () ucsc edu>
To: onedo () gmx net
Cc: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] a PGP signed mail? Has to be spam!

Guys(and girls), the situation sucks. What do you think? And, most important
of all, do you see any way to fight this behaviour? Because honestly, I
don't.

I frequently get messages from virus filters telling me that my
attachment (signature.asc) has been removed as it's thought to contain a
virus.  For the virus end, it'll take time for people to start coding
proper virus scanners that don't recognize .asc as a virus.

I don't expect that to come about until we can get virus scanners that
aren't set by default to spam the receiver (or the forged From:
address) with notices that some worm spam(SWEN, Sobig, etc...)  was blocked.

--
"Why would burgulars need to look for a backdoor when they can climb in
through Windows?" --Norman L DeForest, in NANAE

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html