Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

From: Mads Tansø <azmodan () linux online no>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:40:08 +0200

It's a little difficult to completely avoid US products in the
encryption field.  And if your response is along the lines of
"Open
Source, can't hide anything", I'll save time and summarize my
rebuttal
now; DES, Differential Cryptanalysis, NSA, 20 years.

There's a ton of crypto software that's been developed
overseas.  I guess
you missed my previous post, but think IDEA.

Wasn't Rijndael (US's AES) developed by some Belgian folks?

< Yes, it was, Belgian or Indian, I think.  I didn't mention it becuse I
< couldn't remember how to spell it ;)
Belgian and Dutch...

< But since it's now the US's AES standard, who knows how strong it
is...
Strong enough, still using distributed approaches to crack keys,
although it'll be far less strong as hardware gets faster... Wouldn't
trust it to last more than a year or two more...

Azmo..
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html