IDS mailing list archives

RE: How to choose an IDS/FW MSS provider

From: "Randy Golly" <randy.golly () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:02:49 -0600

Yes Sir that would be me.
Being new to the list did not want to get into any type of spam advertising
for the parent company, if I broke some type of list protocol, call me out
on it and I'll be clear in the future.  Trying to give a partial viewpoint
without an obvious slant.  I've been in security consulting for several
years and just recently joined VeriSign, going on 4 months now.  The MSS
service is a completely different business unit from the security consulting
group.  We cross paths with them about as much as we do with ISS services.
The info I know about VeriSign's MSS services is all based off of their web
site and marketing info, so the statement below is correctly based off what
I've been told and actually have more experience working with ISS.  When we
are doing consulting engagements we are not biased to VeriSign's services,
but to the clients requirements so do suggest quite a few other vendors for
their specific needs.

Good luck to ya Stephane.
Thanks for clearing that up Paul!

Thanks,