IDS mailing list archives

RE: How to choose an IDS/FW MSS provider

From: "Dahl-Hansen, Kjetil" <kjetil.dahlhansen () dns co uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:04:22 -0000

One of the reasons why this is interesting to a 'front-line grunt' like
myself (where a large part of the job is handling triggered signatures),
is that it enables me to make a better assessment about a possible
security incident. Does it trigger if it just sees 'cmd.exe' travelling
on port 80, or is it slightly more sophisticated? What are the
throttling/summarizing settings?

It is not often that I find it necessary to look into a signature like
this, but I like having that option.

Kjetil.

(and I seem to have just pushed the discussion even further away from
topic - apologies :-)