Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: RE: IDS (was: FW appliance comparison)

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:24:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Cat Okita wrote:

*blink* You don't bog down your firewall to the point of being
unuseable doing that?!?

I've yet to bog down a firewall doing logging- now my preferred
architecture has an outside (and inside) screening router taking care of
the "noise" that I don't care about, but I've had U2's with thousands of
users behind them doing proxy *and* logging legitimate traffic and not had
an issue- so I'd be more suprised to see the firewall bog down to the
point of being unusable by doing that.

Paul