Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: How to Save The World

From: "Bruce B. Platt" <bruce () ei3 com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:25:39 -0500

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
Crispin Cowan drank the Kool-ade and wrote:

The problem is that the bulk of sites that don't work are the most

"corporate" ones: web casts.

You mean garbage like those things that let you automatically flip
powerpoints for a remote user to present a talk? Garbage that has
become popular because sales reps and marketing weenies are
apparently too stupid to tell their meeting attendees, "next slide,
please..." as they pause to collect their thoughts?   Yeah, we need
that garbage in order to do business. Not.

Au contraire.

Perhaps when used as your describe, Marcus, that software isn't so valuable. OTOH, for remote debugging, set-up and so on, it can be invaluable. Whenever our engineers go to do a site set-up, they know they can always get someone here to help them via browser-based conferencing.

Very valuable and useful for more then the sellers originally envisioned. Interesting sidelight on the discussion I think.

Regards,
Bruce

Disclaimer: I use the prioducts but unfortunately have no financial interest in the companies :-}