Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Personal Firewall Day?

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:16:58 +0530

On 06/10/03 16:50 -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
Crispin Cowan wrote:
I submit that dumb terminals are dead & gone

I said we needed to kill general-purpose computing, not go to dumb
terminals. Why did everyone assume I was talking about dumb terminals?
Basically, I think we need to go to locked-down devices that do all the
intesting processing locally but store their interesting stuff on a backend.
Most people still have just the one system, and that might be connected
only on a slow and expensive dialup to the Internet.
*There is no backend*, unless you get one from all vendors agreeing to a
standard.

Devdas Bhagat