Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:05:34 -0500 (EST)

Are you trying to access mail.hotmail.com for the e-mails?  Certainly
looks, like others I think suggested that outlook is setup with merely
'mail' as the connection you are trying to make, that's incorrect, try
mail.hotmail.com, this might fix part of the problem.  Of course, the
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D....
part suggests there might well be another issue, as pop3 does not do SSL,
so, this is confusing on this end still...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne