Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:48:38 -0500

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 11:21:01AM -0500, Terry Bertrand wrote:
actually I am allowing DNS access to the router..I can ping domain names and
IP addresses....

to or through?  ping from where to where by name?  the error message
that caught my eye was:

......The host 'mail' could not be found. ...

Of course, this is not the most precise error message found.

As I and others have said, instrument your router to determine what
other protocols are being tried and failing.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () center osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B