Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Next Generation Security Architecture

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:21:03 +1100

In some email I received from Nigel Willson, sie wrote:
Is anyone aware of a suitable forum in which to discuss future
goal state 'models' for a new security architecture?

I think your problem will be that (a) there is money to be made from
such ideas and (b) people who recognise this scenario as such will be
reluctant to share ideas so (c) it will suffocate.  Oh, not to forget
that (d) anyone who comes up with ideas that work will patent them
before you've finished reading this email and (e) sue your ass off
when you get around to implementing your idea yourself.

I should have added a note that if anyone adds OTP to smartcards or
similar as a result of reading my email then I want credit for the
idea.  Personally, I'm getting a tad tired of coming up with cool
ideas for others to profit from.  I think the moderator of this
list understands where I'm coming from if nobody else does.

Some might call this a cynical view but the "birds of prey" won't,
I'm sure...

Darren