Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Next Generation Security Architecture

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 04:21:32 +1100

In some email I received from Nigel Willson, sie wrote:
[...]
Enterprises do need help, however, to dig out from what
they have today and to develop an architecture, in a 2-3
year plan that sets the direction, consolidates, integrates,
and in a migration strategy, begins to improve the complex
and fragmented reality of today. Or we can give up?

I wouldn't buy this one from vendor, it has to be a set of
open, integrated, and interoperable best-of-breed solutions
-- the distributed mainframe.

I'm working on a project where we're *attempting* to do this.

You want to know what the biggest threat/problem is?  Microsoft.

Not everything can be done with COTS software but it will get you
far enough that what you end up writing you would probably want to
anyway.