Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Next Generation Security Architecture

From: Jason Sheffield <_jsheffie () symantec com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:04:01 -0500

Darren,
  Sorry, I wasn't monitoring the original thread.

I should have added a note that if anyone adds OTP to smartcards or
similar as a result of reading my email then I want credit for the
idea.

Too late, :-)  This has already been commercially released.  AXENT (now
Symantec) has a One Time Password product called Defender (version 4.1 was
released Nov 2000)  that has support for OTP smart cards.  The smart cards
are OEM'd from ActiveCard and we have implemented the Defender OTP token
into the smart cards that will work in both Asynchronous and Synchronous
modes.  Additional ActiveCard features give the capability for x.509 cert
storage, as well as a small space for static password storage.

Regards,
Jason Sheffield, CISSP
Symantec - formerly AXENT Technologies