Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Scare Me !!

From: Technical Incursion Countermeasures <lists () ticm com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 10:18:15

At 12:00 10/06/99 -0500, you wrote:
I need to induce a healthy respect for Internet dangers into
some folks around here.  I know the dangers, or enough of them,
but it's wearing to try to educate one after another exec,
network tech, etc.

In addition to the regular sort of security literature, a list
of real-life (or very possible) security incidents that could
help foster a healthy respect for the potential dangers might
be real useful.  An internet shop of horrors website, perhaps.
I'd appreciate anything useful in this regard.

have a look at http://all.net 's threat database and http://www.bsi.de 's
threat/solution matrix...

Cheers,

Bret
Technical Incursion Countermeasures
consulting () TICM COM                      http://www.ticm.com/
ph: (+61)(041) 4411 149(UTC+8 hrs)      fax: (+61)(08) 9454 6042

The Insider - a e'zine on Computer security Vol 3 Issue 1 out now
http://www.ticm.com/info/insider/index.html