Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DMZ, defined.

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:51:21 -0500 (EST)

Since DMZ is taken how about calling it the 'The Pen' seems to fit from
my understanding of the language;) Since according to definition
namely 'Webster Dictionary' it is a enclosure for animals. Well since
the big I is often called 'The Wild' it works for me:)
                                              Regards,
                                              dreamwvr () dreamwvr com

Interesting, I hadn't heard that.  If the wild & wooly Internet is
called "The Wild", perhaps a less-protected [wilderness area?] leg of a
firewall could be called a "Zoo"?  [I tend to write with Pens ;-).]  A
firewall could have several protected legs, a "Wild" leg to the
Internet, and several "Zoo" legs with different and lesser protections.

Or perhaps "Wilderness Preserves" ...

This has not been an entirely serious suggestion.  Use it at your own
risk.  ;-)

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-A/B