Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: DMZ, defined.

From: Stefan Jon Silverman <sjs () sjsinc com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:17:54 -0500 (EST)

Glenn & Group:

From: Glenn Larsson <glenn.larsson () datortek vasteras se>

a suggestion: How about "The Neutral Zone"?

        How about the "Twlight Zone?"

Isn't that what some of you are looking for?
Nothing should be placed in a neutral zone except for "non aligned"
hosts
reachable from both sides of the first firewall.

        Or the place where weirdness happens, somebody else controls
your horizontal and vertical. And you always end up with a very
confused look on your face when the day is done...

        Isn't this the place most of us live??? Between users and
the bad guys 'thar be monsters over the edge of that flat sea...

Live long and prosper ;o)

        Today is a good day to die!!!

    Regards,

    b c++'ing u,

    %-) sjs

PS: I am my own employer, therefore: "all opinions are twice spoken for;"
    and they do, in fact, scare the hell out of said employer!!!

Stefan Jon Silverman - President                     SJS Associates, N.A., Inc.
                                                                     Suite 15-B
Inter-/Intra-Net Architecture, Implementation & Security    698 West End Avenue
                                                             New York, NY 10025
E-mail:    sjs () sjsinc com                                   Phone: 212 662 9450
Website:   http://www.sjsinc.com                            Fax:   212 662 9461
Text-Page: sjs-page () sjsinc com                              Cell:  917 929 1668
                  Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!!!