Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Trusted Unices Aren't?

From: "Gregory Perry" <Gregory.Perry () netsec net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:03:40 -0400

SCO CMW is hardly secure.  Because of design flaws from the early days of MLS technology, many of the bugs included in
the traditional variant OS is replicated on the MLS platform.  There are many examples of this on most MLS platforms;
for example SoftWindows for Trusted Solaris _completely_ breaks the "trusted network" subset of TS 2.5.  SCO CMW is no
different.

--greg