Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: WORM file system for logging

From: David Collier-Brown <davecb () canada sun com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 12:35:27 -0400

Andreas Siegert wrote:
I am desperately looking for a WORM file system for logging purposes.
I want to be able to write to a WORM drive in sort of real time from syslog.
If that is not possible, I'd at leat would like to be able to copy the
syslog
file once a day to it and have a reasonable method of retrieving the
individual
files.

        Siemens have a product called FMWORM (File Management on a WORM),
        which sits a worm drive on your scsi and has the machine
        export it as a writable NFS filesystem.

        It does have overheads, so I've only used it in large-scale
        imaging systems (in the US).

--dave
--
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb () hobbes ss org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb