Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: WORM file system for logging

From: "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 17:08:22 -0400 (EDT)

Mine stops working after 5 but it could be a software problem
in the driver -- I don't know the standard. :( One problem I've
seen is that the good CD burning software is windows-based and
it's all drag-and-droppy. I know there is some stuff for
BSD/Linux but I think it doesn't look like a filesystem
as far as its semantics. ...

No, Unix/Linux has X-based xcdroast to create an ISO9660+RRext file
system.  Most CD writing software creates some kind of file system.

I don't know of any command-line-based SW.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO Computer Support                                          EMT-A/B