Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandatory IT Security training

From: Ronald King <ronald.king () MORGAN EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:59:58 -0400

Does your university require IT security training for all employees?  Yes

If so, what topics are covered?  95% General security awareness using
content we pay for. 5% MSU specific content like the AUP.

Do you require this training in order to stay compliant with some sort of
regulation, or are you doing it because it is best practice? State
requirement and best practice.

Do you require this training annually or just upon hire? State requires
training for new employees, but, we plan to make it mandatory annually.

Ron

*Ronald A. King, CISSP*
Chief Information Security Officer
Morgan State University Office: (443) 885-3372
1700 E. Cold Spring Ln. Email: ronald.king () morgan edu
Baltimore, MD 21251 URL: http://www.morgan.edu

*Growing the future ... Leading the world*
<http://www.morgan.edu/Documents/ABOUT/StrategicPlan/StrategicPlan2011-21_Final.pdf>

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 5:48 PM, Barton, Robert W. <bartonrt () lewisu edu>