Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandatory IT Security training

From: Andrew Chiarello <achiarello () BRYNMAWR EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:21:59 +0000

Hi Brent,

Here are the answers for Bryn Mawr College. You can read more about our program here:
http://lits.blogs.brynmawr.edu/7927

Does your university require IT security training for all employees?
Yes.

If so, what topics are covered?
It depends who you are and what College data you have access to. In addition to data handling and account privacy
basics, those with access to student records have a FERPA module, and those with access to financial records have
additional standards to review.

Do you require this training in order to stay compliant with some sort of regulation, or are you doing it because it is
best practice?
Best practice and to mitigate risk to the College.

Do you require this training annually or just upon hire?
Both.

Andrew J. Chiarello

Lead Engineer, Infrastructure & Systems

Bryn Mawr College