Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandatory IT Security training

From: "Penn, Blake C" <blake.penn () SECURITY GATECH EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 19:16:51 +0000

We require on-hire and annual general cybersecurity training as a part of our Institute's compliance campaign.  We vary
the training by focusing on different topics every year.

We have specialized training for DFARS but don't manage that training in cyber.  We take just about everything out of
scope for PCI DSS other than a handful of one-card-at-a-time transmit-only systems so we don't require any specialized
training there.

Regards,

Blake Penn
Information Security Policy and Compliance Manager
Cyber Security
Georgia Institute of Technology
(404) 385-5480