Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure communication of passwords

From: Ric Getter <ric.getter () PCC EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:35:10 -0800

I occasionally have to send a product license key to a user for a product I
asked them to download initially as a demo. At the recommendation of our
security manager, I send these out in a separate email that simply says,
"Your license key," after informing the user to expect it.

I'll be interested in hearing other's answers.

Ric

Ric Getter
Programmer/Analyst I - TSS Enterprise Applications Team
Portland Community College - Sylvania
971-722-8036

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Thomas Carter <tcarter () austincollege edu>