Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recent Phishing Uptick

From: Paul Chauvet <chauvetp () NEWPALTZ EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:26:17 -0500

That is a FANTASTIC idea. There are sites which are often used for phishing but not exclusively enough that we can
block them. Doing that (via our Ironport of those URLs are detected) is a great idea.

We will probably be implementing this here. My sincere thanks for this idea!

P.S. Would you be willing to share (on-list or off-list) a list of the URLs of these hosting services that you use this
for?

Paul Chauvet
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Chair, Information Security Oversight Committee
Computer Services
State University of New York at New Paltz

Phone: (845) 257-3828
chauvetp () newpaltz edu