Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recent Phishing Uptick

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 02:48:36 +0000

The Direct Deposit spear phish hit our Banner implementation and the PeopleSoft implementation at a school to the south
of us.  I've heard of others of both.

Bob Bayn         SER 301         (435)797-2396       IT Security Team
Office of Information Technology,                   Utah State University
    Do you know the "Skeptical Hover Technique" and
    how to tell where a web link really goes?  See:
    https://it.usu.edu/computer-security/computer-security-threats/articleID=23737