Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recent Phishing Uptick

From: "Joel L. Rosenblatt" <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:52:32 -0500

I think that this is a bug in their report - our users log in using
saml when the use the web interface and password when they use their
device password - we only give Google the device passwords, which are
only used to log in using phones or if someone wants to do IMAP
directly to Google

I have been trying to send them a bug report, but their seems to be a
bug in that process :-) ... it's keeps on dumping me back on the admin
page

When I get an answer from Google, I will pass along what I find out

Thanks,
Joel

Joel Rosenblatt, Director Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel
Public PGP key
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90BD740BCC7326C3