Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Login/Logoff Activity

From: Will Froning <will.froning () GMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:32:49 +0400

Hello All,

I'm wondering if any of your institutions monitor logon/logoff time for
attendance/holiday/sick leave violations. I'm not looking for a technical
answer, just whether or not your schools do this.

I'm trying to bring some support documents to the table so we can make an
educated decision on if it's something we want to pursue. My feeling is
that this is VERY unusual for HigherED, but links to policies or an email
(with a yes/no) would be much appreciated.

If you like I can compile my responses (anonymously) and repost to the list
if there's any interest.

Thanks,
Will

P.S. It was great meeting some of you at the STL conference. Hopefully I
can make the trip for the next one.

--
Will Froning
Unix SysAdmin