Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Login/Logoff Activity

From: Walter Moore <moorewr () ECKERD EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:01:36 -0400

I don't think that's called for, Justin.

We do not do any such auditing. Certainly we do not systematically look for
people who are on vacation or sick leave who are accessing our systems.

We log VPN access, of course, and do normal system logging of logins and
logouts but we only typically review that information in response to
investigations. We have never made any effort to see see if people are
accessing restricted systems when they are on sick leave or vacation.