Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Login/Logoff Activity

From: Justin Bennett <jbennett () MSJC EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:56:33 -0700

I looked at this from a pure security aspect. Some types of data we audit, counter tactics, or evaluate, especially
those types that could indicate an attack/brute force/rogue access to systems, seems confidential information to me and
my organization that would not want to disclose. It's the same reason armored bank trucks have confidential and ever
changing routes/dates/times - need to know and not everyone needs to.

Justin Bennett
Supervisor of Network Technology
Information Technology
jbennett () msjc edu

Mt. San Jacinto College
Phone 951-639-5090
http://www.msjc.edu

 Security Notice: MSJC Information Technology Staff will never ask for your password. Keep your passwords private to
protect yourself and the security of our network.