Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Experience with HigherOne or TouchNet for payment processing?

From: "Berman, Mark" <mberman () SIENA EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 06:59:53 -0400

I'll third what the others said. I worked with Touchnet in my last job and
they were easy to work with, decent API and good support. A bit expensive,
but probably worth it if you can push ALL your transactions through them
and reduce your compliance level with PCI.

 - Mark

*"Walther, Benjamin J." wrote:
*

*We’re evaluating vendors for use as third party payment processing, with a
goal off keeping PCI requirements as low as possible.*

*Towards that end, does anyone have experience with HigherOne’s or
TouchNet’s payment processing service, as a former or current client? Does
not have to be security-centric, though that is a concern. How does their
service fare in terms of security practices, reliability, availability,
support, etc? Any changes over time?*

*No responses will be quoted or attributed (unless specifically asked to
be). This is an informal poll, not part of an RFP or any other
documentation. Even just a quick “we use them and rarely think about it”
would be much appreciated.*

*Ben Walther*

*Information Security Operations, Tufts University*

*(617) 627-2640*