Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Experience with HigherOne or TouchNet for payment processing?

From: "Walther, Benjamin J." <Benjamin.Walther () TUFTS EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:04:42 +0000

We're evaluating vendors for use as third party payment processing, with a goal off keeping PCI requirements as low as
possible.
Towards that end, does anyone have experience with HigherOne's or TouchNet's payment processing service, as a former or
current client? Does not have to be security-centric, though that is a concern. How does their service fare in terms of
security practices, reliability, availability, support, etc? Any changes over time?
No responses will be quoted or attributed (unless specifically asked to be). This is an informal poll, not part of an
RFP or any other documentation. Even just a quick "we use them and rarely think about it" would be much appreciated.

Ben Walther

Information Security Operations, Tufts University

(617) 627-2640