Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student Side Ports

From: Russ Leathe <Russ.Leathe () GORDON EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:01:10 +0000

We maintain a parallel network tagged to all our resident halls.  When a student requests a 'gaming port' we tag the
individual port and secure it with a mac rule.
It's a flood of support the beginning of the year but the students like it and doesn't impact our production network.

We do the same thing on our wireless network.