Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HEOA Question

From: "Jacobson, Dick" <dick.jacobson () NDUS EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:39:15 -0800

In the past, we have seen some notices without port numbers.  If they happened to be on a NATted segment of the network
I simply replied, at the direction of the campus network support, that we needed a port number to proceed.  I don't
think we got any of those returned for  further consideration but subsequent takedown notices had the necessary
information.  I scanned, this morning, my outstanding notices and all of them I looked had the port information.